Monday 27 January 2014

Final Developments and Final Outcome Film Poster


 Next I added a textured background by using the colour halftone effect on a blue background. I layered this over the poster and lowered the opacity and I really like the effect of this because it gives the poster and images a vintage and aged look. I also added the date on the camera in a sans serif font and I think it looks better here then on the blue space in the poster because it becomes part of the design and doesn't break up the background.


The quality of the collage in the background and the camera was too low and when printed they looked blurry and pixelated so I had to replace them with better quality images. For the collage I recreated it using the same images of flowers that I had used in the collage that were the ones I had taken myself and I arranged these in a collage. I dont think doing it like this took away from the collage effect and I think having it better quality makes the poster look more proffessional. I couldnt improve the quality of the image of the camera because of the deadline so I found another image that was a much better quality and photoshopped the white background and used this instead. I think the camera stands out better now it is better quality and it gives a better overall finish to the poster.


I also tried out a few different colours with a green and some sepia style colours but I think the blue still worked best over all because it is soft enough to allow the images to still stand out but I think it also helps the poster to stand out more than if a brown shade was used and I think it works better than the green as it is softer and the poster with the blue had a more aged and vintage feel to it.





I made the type bigger for the date to make it stand out more and to catch the eye better so it doesnt just blend in with the picture.

I then added the location on to the camera. I also tried adding it in to the title as shown below but decided to keep it on the camera because I think it makes the overall layout of the poster look neater and more in proportion like this.




This is the location added on the title. I didnt choose this layout in the end because to do this I had to move the main images down and I think this makes the poster look bottom heavy and it also takes up more of the blue space making it look more cluttered and I think having the single line titles give it a better layout and readability.



This is my final outcome for the poster. I am happy with how it turned out because I think the black white and blue contrasts help it to stand out and catch the eye, I think it meets the vintage theme because of the typography, colours and the textured layer and I think it meets the brief because it helps advertise the festival as it gives across the theme and style of festival and will catch peoples eyes.



No comments:

Post a Comment