Tuesday 14 January 2014

More Development Work

First I tried developing the chevron lines in the background by experimenting with different colours and thicknesses of lines.
















Next I tried experimenting with the font again because I don't think using the twig writing worked as it was not bold enough for the poster and did not stand well or flow well with the other elements. I tried to adapt a pre-made font by using a flower brush to add floral details to the letters. Although I liked the final outcome of this the font and flowers were not bold enough and I needed to use a font with a thicker stroke for it to stand out so next I chose a bolder font and used floral type symbols and placed them around the edges. I think this font is the best I have made so far because it really stands out and catches the eye and as the type is supposed to be the main focus of this poster it helps it stand out above the other elements. I also added some band names in the bottom and I think this is really effective as the text becomes part of the chevron background in the poster instead of sitting on top of it and making the poster look cluttered and covering the design.









No comments:

Post a Comment