Monday 6 January 2014

Music Poster Development Work

For my initial music poster I used images of flowers off the internet just so I could quickly see whether the design would work when made on the computer or not, and once I was happy with that I created my own images of flowers.

To do this I cut the tops of fake flowers and photographed them before brining them into photoshop to remove any background around each flower. I then replaced the flowers from before with these images.



I also made my own font using twigs to create the title. I photographed this and then used photoshop to remove any background and put the words together. I then placed this in the centre of the flowers to create the main title of the poster.




This is both new elements put together over a simple black and white chevron background.



Then I tried making the main title type out of the flowers from the garland. To replace the main garland I bent a twig into a circular shape and photographed and edited it and then used it to circle the title. Although I liked how the font turned out I am not keen on the plain twig outline as I think it looks to basic and plain.





I then experimented with the garland by keeping the font make out of flowers and photographing a pre made garland that I had and editing it and using that in place of the twigs. Overall I don't think this worked very well as the garland was not realistic looking enough and all of the colours from the flowers from the font and garland were too much.



After doing this initial development I think I will continue with the first development poster shown with the garland and twig type as I think this was the most effective, stood out the most and had the best overall finish and legibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment