Monday 6 January 2014

Initial Idea Film Poster- Making

To make my first idea for my film poster the first thing I did was use photographs I had taken of flowers, make them different sizes and then print them out and stick them into a collage. Then I took a photo of the collage and used photoshop to remove the background and brighten the image. I then did the same for the camera by photographing it then editing it on photoshop so that it could be placed on top of the collage in illustrator.




Then I made up the initial outline for the poster by placing the camera on the collage. For the font I was initially going to do it by hand which is why the first 't' is handrawn but I ended up using a script style ready made font just to start off with.


Then I experimented with a coloured background and changed the colour of the type. Because of the colours in the flowers it was hard to find a background that didn't clash but I don't think the shade of blue has a very dated and vintage feel to it so probably wont use it.


Next I changed the image to grayscale to try to make the poster look more dated and vintage and I think this really helped with the theme of my festival and it makes the coloured background not look so out of place as the poster does need a bit of colour to it.



I also tried a complete black and white version but I don't think I will use this as it would not stand out on a wall and grab peoples attention.


No comments:

Post a Comment